Know your presidential trivia to celebrate the holiday.
Interesting Presidents’ Day Facts:
- It was established in 1885 in honor of President George Washington’s birthday
- James Madison and George Washington are the only presidents who signed the Constitution.
- It is still officially called Washington’s Birthday by the federal government
- James Monroe was the 5th president, but the 3rd to die on the 4th of July.
- Abraham Lincoln’s birthday falls closely to George Washington, but his is not a federal holiday. Many states still celebrate his birthday along with George Washington’s.
- President Theodore Roosevelt has the most national parks named in his honor
- Some people spell it President’s Day and some spell it Presidents’ Day. Presidents’ Day refers to more than one president while President’s Day refers to one President.
- President Ulysses S. Grant established Yellowstone as the first national park
- At 42 years old Teddy Roosevelt was the youngest man to hold the office of president. Ronald Reagan was the oldest at 69 years 11 months. John F. Kennedy was the youngest to be elected president.
- There were four presidents born in February including George Washington, Abraham Lincoln, William Harrison and Ronald Reagan. Most celebrate President’s Day in honor of the first two.
- The Hall of Presidents is an attraction located in Liberty Square at the Disney Magic Kingdom. The attraction is stage show featuring Audio-Animatronic figures of all 43 individual presidents in the United States.
- The American Adventure takes guests on a trip through America’s history. Audio-Animatronics, film and music bring America’s past to life during this 30-minute show at the American Adventure Pavilion. Benjamin Franklin and Mark Twain are your guides on this inspiring journey through our history.
- Journey by log raft across the Rivers of America to Tom Sawyers Island in Frontierland at the Magic Kingdom and discover an idyllic place influenced by the works of Mark Twain.
—– Check out our discounted vacation offers for Presidents’ Day!