Diners at Magic Kingdom Park can soon set off on a culinary adventure at a new eatery in Adventureland featuring “World Famous Jungle Cuisine.”
Just steps from the legendary Jungle Cruise attraction you can enjoy the bold, flavorful tastes of Asia, South America and Africa at this new 222-seat table-service restaurant.
There are three dining destinations: Hungry passengers may find themselves in the mess hall or the jungle-inspired parlor once used by the company’s founder, Dr. Albert Falls and his family. Behind the once secret bookcase lies an additional dining room in a former meeting room of the mysterious Society of Explorers and Adventurers.
The Jungle Skipper Canteen touts an adventurous menu with some new and interesting dishes inspired by the exotic flavors of the rivers traveled on the Jungle Cruise.
- House-made arepas with slow-cooked beef, black beans, tostones and queso fresco;
- Dr. Falls’ Signature Grilled Steak, a strip loin marinated in sofrito and served with yuca planks, avocado and house-made chimichurri;
- Rice Noodle Bowl with an Asian pho broth with choice of chicken, duck breast or tofu served with jalapeños and mix of fresh herbs;
- Trader Sam’s Head-on Shrimp, with sustainable, local, farm-raised shrimp tossed in a chili-garlic sauce and served with Chinese broccoli and choice of five-grain or white rice;
- Coconut Bar with Pineapple-Basil Compote and Vanilla Cream – a vanilla chiffon cake with coconut and lime topped with white chocolate ganache;
- Kungaloosh! This African-inspired chocolate cake is served with caramelized bananas and cashew-caramel ice cream topped with coffee dust.
Little ones can try something a little different:
- Junior Skip’s Special Mac and Cheese is inspired by an Egyptian dish with ground beef, pasta, Béchamel Sauce and house-made cheese gratin, served with broccoli;
- Amazon Annie’s House-made Arepas with slow-cooked beef, black beans and queso fresco served with yuca planks;
- Sizzling Savanna Grilled Flank Steak with steamed broccoli and fingerling potatoes;
- Smiley’s Little Croc of Chicken Noodle Soup;
- Kids Volcano! (This gooey chocolate cake with caramel lava and exploding chocolate rocks will make your little one shout “ ‘UH OA!”)
Two non-alcoholic specialties will be served: the Punch Line Punch, with tropical fruit juice and mango puree (also available with a spiced rim for an extra zinger); and the Schweitzer Slush, with frozen apple juice and passion fruit topped with bursting green apple boba balls (legend has it this was first concocted by the noted explorer and humanitarian, Dr. Albert Slush).