The 20th Epcot International Food & Wine Festival festival has 75 new cocktails, beers, wines and ciders. In the wine and beer categories more than 300 domestic and international wines are offered.
Here are five tips for taking on Epcot’s acclaimed fest without getting too tipsy:
1. Seek quality not quantity: You don’t have to drink at every marketplace. Seek out the new and notable refreshing adult libations such as the Sparkling Pomegranate Cocktail fizzing with sparkling wine and pomegranate liqueur at the France Marketplace along the World Showcase Promenade.
2. Take away a new outlook on tequila: Flights of tequila take center stage at the 30-seat La Cava del Tequila tucked away in the Mexico pavilion at Epcot. Knowledgeable staff will walk you through which of the 70 tequilas are on tap will suit your palate.
3. No kilts required. Scottish whisky aficionados can enjoy a Loch Lomond cocktail made with Scotch, Drambuie and dry vermouth at the new Scotland Marketplace.
4. Sense of place. Hug a local farmer and quaff a cocktail at the same time with the Watermelon Passion Fruit Cocktail Florida Fresh marketplace.
5. Hydrate, Hydrate, Hydrate. Follow each spirited cocktail, glass of wine or beer with a bottle of water. It will keep you hydrated, able to explore the world and make your way home safe. Designating a driver is always good idea.
Read more: http://www.orlandosentinel.com/