The new Gran Destino Tower at Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort opening July 9 at Walt Disney World Resort in Lake Buena Vista, Florida, takes its inspiration from the Disney animated short film “Destino.”
The new tower rises dramatically on the southeastern shores of Lago Dorado (“Golden Lake”). It offers 545 modern guest rooms (including 50 suites and club-level services), a grand two-story lobby, new meeting venues, new lounges and a rooftop restaurant with spectacular views. The distinctive tower is the stylish new gateway to the 2,385-room resort.
These new experiences complement the wide array of amenities and experiences at Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort, including floating gardens, scenic nature trails and palm-shaped courtyards. Throughout the resort, guests can enjoy a diverse collection of dining options, including:
- Maya Grill – A grand Mexican dining room featuring ancient-modern styling and Nuevo Latino cuisines.
- Rix Sports Bar & Grill – A stylish establishment with a unique spin on classic bar food.
- El Mercado de Coronado – A food court filled with kitchens serving made-to-order breakfast, lunch and dinner, with a wide array of options so there’s something for everyone.
- Café Rix – A charming grab-and-go location offering pastries, coffee and tasty snacks.
- Laguna Bar – A breezy lakeside lounge boasting signature cocktails.
- Siestas Cantina – A poolside hideaway to unwind with refreshing beverages and snacks.
Shoppers can delight in an updated Panchito’s merchandise location. Named after one of the main characters from the Disney film “The Three Caballeros,” Panchito’s resembles an open-air Mexican market.