Universal Orlando announced today that its newest attraction will be based on the blockbuster 3-D CGI feature Despicable Me – “bringing minions, mayhem and a whole new level of 3-D family fun to its guests.” The new “Despicable Me” attraction will replace the Jimmy Neutron attraction at Universal Studios Florida. In addition, Universal announced that one its most popular rides, The Amazing Adventures of Spider-Man, will be completely reanimated in 4K digital high definition. Both will open in 2012 and utilize brand-new, highly sophisticated Infitec 3-D projection systems designed to make the experience sharper, clearer and more “real” than ever before.
With a worldwide gross of more than $540 million, 2010′s Despicable Me is the sixth most successful film that Universal Pictures has ever distributed. It is now the 10th-biggest animated film in U.S. history. “Despicable Me” will be the first-ever Universal animated film to be transformed into a theme park experience. For more information, visit www.universalorlando.com.
1. Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit
Billed as the world’s most technologically advanced roller coaster, Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit towers 17 stories over Universal Studios Florida. Best of all, you get to customize your ride experience by choosing what song will play during your roller coaster adventure. Height requirement: 51 inches.
2. Revenge of the Mummy the Ride
Battle an army of warrior mummies and confront dreaded scarab beetles, fireballs and more obstacles as you cruise through darkness at speeds up to 45 miles per hour through ancient passageways, chambers and tombs. Height requirement: 48 inches.
3. Men in Black Alien Attack
A thrilling interactive movie ride, Men in Black Alien Attack allows you to zap aliens as you spin through the besieged streets of New York. Height requirement: 42 inches.
4. The Simpsons Ride Ride along with the entire Simpson family – Homer, Marge, Bart, Lisa and Maggie – on a hilarious adventure through a side of Springfield previously unexplored. Height requirement: 40 inches.
5. Shrek 4-D
Join Shrek, Donkey and Princess Fiona on a state-of-the-art 4-D adventure as they try to escape from the ghost of Lord Farquaad, his evil sidekick, during this fun-filled thrill ride. No height restrictions.
The Jaws thrill ride re-creates all the terror and excitement of the 1975 blockbuster, Jaws, as you cruise aboard a boat in the quaint New England fishing village of Amity and come face to face with a ferocious great white shark. No height restrictions (the ride may be too intense for younger children).
7. Terminator 2: 3D
Join the Terminator as you try to save planet Earth from the evil futuristic cyborgs in this amazing mix of live action, 3-D film and state-of-the-art special effects. No height restrictions.
8. Disaster! A Major Motion Picture Ride…Starring You Learn the secrets of disaster movies through special effects demonstrations, then board a subway train and experience the “explosive finale scene” of a movie that features a spectacular earthquake measuring 8.0 on the Richter scale. No height restrictions.
9. E.T. Adventure Help America’s favorite extraterrestrial save his dying planet as you hop aboard a star-bound bicycle and soar across the moonlit sky! No height restrictions.
10. Jimmy Neutron’s Nicktoon Blast Blast off with Jimmy Neutron and his pals on this thrilling motion simulated ride as you chase the evil Ooblar through the worlds of some of your favorite Nicktoon characters. Height requirement: 40 inches tall (stationary seating is available).
“The Ellen DeGeneres Show” will tape two episodes at Univeral Orlando Resort on Sunday, March 28, 2010. Guests joining Ellen will include the always unpredictable Sharon Osbourne and Usher, who will perform both a song from his upcoming CD, Raymond v. Raymond, and one of his greatest hits. Episodes are set to air Thursday, April 1, and Friday, April 2, 2010. Ellen will her viewers inside Universal Orlando Resort and show them all of her favorite rides and attractions, including Universal’s newest thrill ride, Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit. Ellen also hopes to explore the highly anticipated attraction, The Wizarding World of Harry Potter.
The tapings of “The Ellen DeGeneres Show” will take place on the Lagoon Stage, located at Universal CityWalk in the heart of Universal Orlando Resort. The Lagoon Stage is an outdoor, waterfront amphitheatre, seating 1,000 people and overlooking the entrance to the Universal Studios Florida and Islands of Adventure theme parks.
2014 Epcot Flower Power Weekend Concert Schedule Below is the lineup (subject to change without notice) of the Flower Power Concert Series, which will take place during the 2014 Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival. Don’t miss it! The Guess Who – March 7-9, 2014 Gary Lewis and The Playboys – March 14-16, 2014 The Orchestra starring Former Members of ELO – March 21-23, […]
Universal Studios® Mardi Gras Grand Celebration Select Nights • Feb 8 – May 31 The spirit of Mardi Gras isn’t bound to the Big Easy; the connection sparks as the parade rolls by, as the beads fill the air, when the music swells as the stage lights rise. And now you can be a part of it all at Universal Studios […]